Re: Sims 4 running in 32-bit, laptop offers 64-bit also

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Sims 4 running in 32-bit, laptop offers 64-bit also

★★★★★ Apprentice

My game froze & I had to use Task Manager to close it. Before doing "end task" I checked & it said Sims 4 was running in 32-bit. My laptop (dell inspiron 15 7000 gaming) has both 32 & 64 bit, but Origin & all games downloaded from them placed their files in the "c:\program files (x86)" folder which I understand is for 32 bit programs. Is there a way, if I were to reinstall everything,  to have origin & all games go to the "c:\program files" folder?

Message 1 of 4 (241 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Open Origin Rightclick the Sims 4 in Game Library and choose Game Properties and on the Advanced tab change to 64bit in the dropdown.

That the Origin client is 32bit has no influence on the games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (232 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen Thanks Standard smile. That should work even with game files installed in the directory for 32 bit programs, including Sims 4?
Message 3 of 4 (220 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It does not matter where you install the game files to. I for instance install them to my D: drive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (216 Views)