Re: Sims 4 reset itself, custom content won't show up

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Sims 4 reset itself, custom content won't show up

★★★ Newbie

Hi! 

So yesterday when I turned my laptop on, I had to sign in on Origin again, which is weird because I used it fine the day before. I signed in and loaded up the Sims and the game had reset itself and none of my progress had been saved, a whole 689 hours worth of game! 

Now when I began to make a new sim to restart the game, none of my custom content was there. So I checked the settings to make sure it was checked to enable it and script mods.

I took the mods folder out of the Sims 4 folder and put it back in

I've tested all my mods in mod conflict detector and deleted the conflicts, still doesn't work.

I've noticed the Sims 4 have added a show custom content button within the game and when i click that it doesn't show anything even though there is about 2000 things in the folder. I've tried one single mod, 100 mods, and nothing at all will show up!!

Please please help!

Message 1 of 2 (233 Views)

Re: Sims 4 reset itself, custom content won't show up

Champion (Retired)

@Kadie_Knox 

For some reason the game decided to use another location for user files. Probably onedrive.

Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (218 Views)