Sims 4 relationships stuck on "acquaintances"

by ShioriHaru

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 relationships stuck on "acquaintances"

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello!
I play 4 sim in a household. The problem is that 3 of my 4 sims can't become friends with each other, which i only noticed after having about 100 hours of gameplay invested into this save game, and 2 of my sims were about to get married, and i couldnt invite the other two as caterer and musician (cause they were not friends, despite having 100% green)
Ive already tried the numerous cheat suggestions, none of them do anything for this relationship, ive tried to let it naturally decay (but it doesnt decay at all)  already tried repairing, ive already tried the cache, all to no avail.

Their relationship is stuck on "aquaintances" it's driving me crazy, it ruined my perfect wedding plans, please help.

I'm having City living, Get to work, Get together
                   Spa day, Luxury stuff, Patio stuff     playing with mods obviously

Message 1 of 15 (23,075 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 relationships stuck on "acquaintances"

★★★★ Apprentice

Finaly i managed to solve this problem by doing the following:

-testingcheats on
-CAS.fulleditmode
-Shift-clicked on my sim, edited his name to something else. pressed accept, this took a while, i almost thought the game froze up
-Did the same for my other bugged sim
-Now they got working ID's
-typed in the relationship.destroy to reset all of their relationships one by one

That's it, they can become friends with others now, and the FPS is stable 60 again, no more stuttering. Such an easy solution yet no one thought about it on other forums.
Hope this helps for all those sad simmers !

View in thread

Message 10 of 15 (26,106 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

I have a similar issue, though mine seems less serious than yours as it fixes itself after I save and exit or travel to another lot.

Message 2 of 15 (23,046 Views)

Hero

@ShioriHaru wrote:

Hello!
... playing with mods obviously

Please remove your mods. Reports in Bug forum are on vanilla games only.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 15 (23,040 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, i disabled my mods, which were only objects, hairstyles and clothes, but the issue still stands.

Whats more, after investigating it further, i noticed that the relationship only works between my 2 core sims, who were im playing since the base game. Relationship between them reads : Lovers, Best Friends, Engaged, Soulmates

While on any other sim, it lists all of the relationship statues, while they remain only acquaintances. There are some NPC sims, who are in the relationship tab, with zero relationship, but listing all the relationship statuses under them. None of my sims can advance in any new relationships, and i tried to break up my 2 working sims to see what happens and they immediately get stuck on "acquaintances" status with 100% green bar.

EDIT: After more investigation, my last working savegame where the relationships were working was 06/09/2016.
Something happened after that date. Not sure if its related but if i load this save game my FPS is stable 60, while loading any savegame after this will drop it to an average 25-30 fps.

Message 4 of 15 (23,035 Views)

Hero

Did you remove mods, then removed the relationship via cheat and tried to get it back up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (23,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

The cheat to remove relationship doesnt work, it does not do anything.
Yes i have disabled mods, but mods have nothing to do with this, i edited my previous post, to include that i have actual save games where relationships were working (with the same mods)
It must be some patch that origin forced me to install, i really want to fix this please, it takes all my will away to touch this game again if i cant fix it.

EDIT: between the last fully working savegame, and the next one, i moved worlds.
So right now i think the issue could have been there since a long time, it just didnt trigger until i moved my sims to another land.
Is there any way to fix this ? The relationship.destroy cheat with IDs doesnt do a single thing.

Message 6 of 15 (23,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

There was a bug a long while ago that was fixed. Maybe your Sims are still affected

What cheat are you using to remove the relationship ? Did you do testingcheats first ?

You could also try setting it to 0 with this cheat: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index#wiki_relationships

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (23,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

i do
testingcheats on
Sims.get_sim_id_by_name Samga Webster
Sims.get_sim_id_by_name Irma Coletnite    for example, then type in
relationship.destroy SamgawebsterID IrmacoletniteID
testingcheats off

nothing happens
  Ill try the other relationship code in a short while, but if that doesnt work, is there any other trick? I honestly dont care if ill never be able to make any other relationships  in game, i just want my other 2 household sims to be caterer and musician in that damned wedding, it's all i want, simple thing.

EDIT: i tried the codes, first i tried the Friendship_Main, it did show little ++ icons above my 2 sims (even if i set it to 0), but in the relationship panels, nothing changed, they remained acquaintances, the green bar didnt change at all.

Next i tried adding them as brother and sister to see if that makes them available to hire as caterer/musician but no it doesnt. This is seriously f@&]]ed up i have no other words.

To me it seems the codes are actually working, even the destroy relationship code does maybe, but the relationship information panels are so bugged, they dont let go

Message 8 of 15 (23,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I have to add, that im trying out different codes, and, right now im trying to reset all my sims with "resetSim Fname Lname" but for my main guy and girl sim it says "Sim cannot be found" so i cant even reset them. It is very likely at this point that those 2 are the bugged ones, and not everyone else.
They have a working relationship between each other but they dont work at all with everyone else, while everyone else might have a working relationship with each other, but they cannot raise relationship with my 2 core sims.

Yes, ive narrowed it down, so this is the actual issue. Relationship codes work for all sims, except my 2 main sims.
Other sims develop relationship normally with each other, but my 2 main sims are nonexistent to them.

My two main sims maintain the relationship thats between them, but if i try to modify them with codes they dont work. If i try to modify their relationship manually it also doesnt work. Their green and pink bars are not going up or down, their states are working for now, but for example if i modify the relationship in any way between them, they become stuck on "acquaintances".

So it seems my 2 main sims are affected only, by the game system, they dont exist. This was likely caused by that old bug you were talking about. What can i do in this situation ?
(Remaking them or restarting on a fresh save are out of the question obviously)

Screenshot shows that 2 sims are recognised by the game why the other 2 cannot be found.

Message 9 of 15 (22,991 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Finaly i managed to solve this problem by doing the following:

-testingcheats on
-CAS.fulleditmode
-Shift-clicked on my sim, edited his name to something else. pressed accept, this took a while, i almost thought the game froze up
-Did the same for my other bugged sim
-Now they got working ID's
-typed in the relationship.destroy to reset all of their relationships one by one

That's it, they can become friends with others now, and the FPS is stable 60 again, no more stuttering. Such an easy solution yet no one thought about it on other forums.
Hope this helps for all those sad simmers !

Message 10 of 15 (26,107 Views)