Sims 4 refusing to open up after the November patch 2020

by TayloQT

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 refusing to open up after the November patch 2020

★★★ Novice
@SimQARobo Aha, thankyou so much! I went to my anti virus and there was a notification that TS4 had been blocked. I added permissions and now my game is loading! I've been trying to fix this for 2 hours and it was so simple in the end! Thanks again.
Message 41 of 64 (792 Views)

EA Sims Team

@missroxor @vivalaashleyyy 

I'm glad to hear that worked!  

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 42 of 64 (787 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

and here i am with the sims 4 just gone poof from my pc-

Message 43 of 64 (771 Views)

Re: Allow changes message

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict hey, you might wanna look at this https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-won-t-launch-after-update/m-p/9717213#M193423

seems to be the sims team are looking into making a hotfix since others who are having the same problem as me are becoming more "common"

Message 44 of 64 (766 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

this just came in, its new as well

Message 45 of 64 (765 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

ok ok so its working now, you were right when it came to my antivirus blocking the game, omg thank you soooo much

Message 46 of 64 (761 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey! I have been dealing with the same issue all day. I found a solution and posted it on my own post so that if someone found it they could also fix it. I hope it works for you as well. I tried literally everything else. 

Post with solution: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Origin-won-t-open-Sims-4-says-I-m-quot-in-game-quot/m-...

Message 47 of 64 (780 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. I am pretty upset about this update ruining my gameplay. I have been unable to play now since I have attempted the update. I have all the MS Visual C++ installed and have tried all the steps here. I have spent hundreds of money on a game that I am now unable to play. 

Message 48 of 64 (775 Views)

Hero
@TayloQT I've merged your posts together.

Glad its' working now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 64 (747 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

"Have you checked to see if maybe an antivirus tool is blocking the launch of the game?  I heard there were changes to TS4.exe on this recent patch, which may cause antivirus to no longer detect it properly."

@SimQARobowhat changes, exactly? For anyone bypassing their antivirus software is a no no. Running as admin is a further eyebrow raiser. I think some tech people would like full answers please Standard smile

Message 50 of 64 (729 Views)