Sims 4 refusing to open up after the November patch 2020

by TayloQT

Original Post

Allow changes message

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

hey hey!! I'm not having issues with crashing my game just isn't opening, lemme say what happens and what I've done to try to fix it(and fail)

I open up origin and click play on the game, then it'll ask "do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?" in a yellow box at the top with TS4_64.exe under it. I will proceed to click Ok and then it will seem like it will open, but it doesn't and just goes back to where I clicked play. 

I have removed all my mods, saves, screenshots. I have emptied my cache as well.

I also have my dxg file attached-

Edit By Crinrict: Split from other thread, Adjusted Titel

Message 21 of 64 (1,664 Views)

Re: Allow changes message

Hero
@TayloQT What anitvirus software are you using ? I split your thread as your issue doesn't seem to be a crashing one.

Your graphics drivers could do with an update.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 64 (1,531 Views)

Re: Sims 4 refusing to open up after the November patch 2020

★★★★ Novice

@SimQARobo Is there a way to reinstall the patch? Maybe it just didnt fully download or was corrupted or something.

Message 23 of 64 (1,608 Views)

EA Sims Team

@vivalaashleyyy 

Have you tried the steps here?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Execution-cannot-proceed-because-MSVCP14...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 64 (1,588 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict How exactly would I do that? I'm decent with tech but drivers always confuse me xd

Message 25 of 64 (1,523 Views)

Hero
@TayloQT Try downloading and installing these: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/166630/en-us

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 64 (1,513 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict just installed them, didn't work but thnx anyway xd my drivers needed a update anyhoo-

Message 27 of 64 (1,508 Views)

Hero
@TayloQT Yeah, didn't think it would help but always a +

You haven't answered my question about your antivirus software though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 64 (1,505 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SimQARobo I already have that installed on my laptop. I even tried to download it again and it asked if I wanted to repair or uninstall. I tried the repair and it completed, then I tried to open The Sims and it still isn't opening.

Message 29 of 64 (1,569 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict oh yeh- sorry about that, I actually just use windows defender, nothing special xd

Message 30 of 64 (1,502 Views)