Re: Sims 4 refusing to open up after the November patch 2020

by foxontherun7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 refusing to open up after the November patch 2020

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

IDK whats going on but basically, I updated my game, removed all my cc and now the game doesn't open at all. It asks to run as admin and so I click ok and well it looks like it's about to open but nope, just goes back to origin. please help xd

Edit By Crinrict: Removed tag again cause made new thread

Message 1 of 64 (5,818 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi everyone

as this thread is becoming a bit of a collection of things, I made a new master for the Not opening issue.

There are quite a few issues so please use the ones your issue. That makes it easier to help. Do try the solutions already given in the threads:

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 62 of 64 (5,087 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@TayloQT 

Did you restart your computer?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 64 (5,795 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

multiple times, tried updating my drivers too but it did nothing xd

Message 3 of 64 (5,792 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TayloQT 

You wrote you removed CC but how about Mods? Also delete localthumbcache.package

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 64 (5,774 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I actually had taken everything from my mods folder and put it into a backup folder, now my mods folder is just empty

Message 5 of 64 (5,766 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This happened to me too. I don't have any CC or mods at all.

Edited to add that I have tried rebooting multiple times, repairing the game multiple times, deleting Origin cache files, and nothing works. I am so frustrated and sad, especially because I play it on a system that is well past the minimum requirements to run it.

Message 6 of 64 (5,762 Views)

★★★★ Pro

If your PC says that 

msvcp140.dll

is missing you need to manually download Microsoft Visual C++ 2019. 

Message 7 of 64 (5,731 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can't speak for the OP, but I don't have an error message about any files missing, the game just flat out doesn't load for me.

Message 8 of 64 (5,699 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@TayloQTI have the same problem too
If I try to pick update/repair it redownloads my entire game, and I have checked many many MANY times that I already have it installed. It takes up lots og Gigabytes

Though I doubt this is a new issue since I've had to reinstall after every update, but I dont currently live at a place with good internet and it has a limit to how much I can use so I cant redownload it now Raised eyebrow

I found what I thought was a fix which basically revolved around making a new Origin games folder and it instantly verified all my files.... before redownloading itself again

Message 9 of 64 (5,690 Views)

★ Novice

how can i do this?

Message 10 of 64 (5,685 Views)