Re: Sims 4 "not responding"

by timelord_aj

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 "not responding"

★★★★ Novice

I've been playing Sims 4 since the release and have not had any trouble until a few hours when the game crashed. I restarted the game and now it won't load past the beginning load screen with the plumbob without it saying that it's not responding and windows will find a solution. I've made susre that my computer is up to date with the graphics card and even went to clear the caches. Any idea on how I can fix this?

Message 1 of 31 (43,299 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

I found my solution! I went into Origin, updated and repaired Sims 4-again- and now the game works like it did when I first downloaded it. I'm guessing something with the update and caches was the problem. You can give that a go and see if it helps Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 31 (48,572 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I am having the EXACT same problem! I can't get past the plumbob loading screen. Made sure everything was up to date, tried reparing the game, and reinstalled the game... still nothing. Anyone figure out how to fix this? Plz help!

Message 2 of 31 (43,143 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I found my solution! I went into Origin, updated and repaired Sims 4-again- and now the game works like it did when I first downloaded it. I'm guessing something with the update and caches was the problem. You can give that a go and see if it helps Standard smile

Message 3 of 31 (48,573 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does it reset your sims/families or do you lose your progress so far when doing this on origin?

Message 4 of 31 (42,554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I feel like EA should really be doing more to help us out... I paid 70 dollars for this game and have only spent 12 hours playing it because after a week I haven't been able to open it. I've tried everything. My game is all updated and i tried repairing it. I am beyond erritated.

Message 5 of 31 (41,783 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Sgizzle09 wrote:

Does it reset your sims/families or do you lose your progress so far when doing this on origin?

@Sgizzle09 it shouldn;t BUT if you want before updateing or repair game you can back up your saves see here for that

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games/

Message 6 of 31 (41,772 Views)

★★ Novice

Just to say I've also had this problem since the December update, but I've managed to work around it with a little less hassle than clearing caches or reinstalling. 

I've found that if you put Origin into offline mode (available in the "origin" drop down), then launch Sims 4 in offline mode, it works fine. 

Message 7 of 31 (40,579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i have a slightly different problem in that everytime i try to load up the sims 4 i get a tiny little box pop up in the top left of my laptop screen and thn is says not responding close application etc etc

anyone have any ideas om fixing playd over 150 hours Frown

Message 8 of 31 (39,539 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem, but I am on a desktop PC.

I get a tiny box in the upper left corner of my screen and when I click it, it immediately says "not responding". 

I have tried the clean boost thing, repairing and updating and none of it worked, I also have already cleaned out the local data.

The chat with a live person thing isn't working for me and this is really stressing me out, I just bought Outdoor Retreat today and cannot play it.

Message 9 of 31 (39,474 Views)

★ Novice

Same thing!!! I'm so annoyed... i moved from PC to laptop, and have been playing on it since November, and I've never had any problems, until now and the same thing happens to me!! Confusedmileymad:

Message 10 of 31 (39,225 Views)