Re: Sims 4 "freezes" when my family is loading in

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

Sims 4 "freezes" when my family is loading in

★★★ Newbie

Hello. My sims 4 won't load, and I feel like I can't find any forums relating to it. It's hard to explain, but if you see the picture, it stays on that screen while I wait forever for my family to load. This was happening today and last night. It's so annoying. It kind of freezes in a way, but it moves perfectly fine. It just never even loads. FrownDisappointed

Please help!!

I use Windows by the way.

Message 1 of 2 (179 Views)

Re: Sims 4 "freezes" when my family is loading in

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @Phrolex 

• If you use any mods or cc please remove them (try the game) then check for updates to them / where you found them; after any sims update or game pack added, as they are known to break the game.. or at the very least cause issues; SimsVIP and Sims Forums, also do regular posts for people who use cc; on which ones are broken or now updated; All on the one page too, and the best list.

Try culling your folders one by one, or the 50/50 method & restarting your game each time; seeing if the issue exists still & to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, you need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it.

No CC?

• Try repairing your game, by right clicking (before 'play'; also with no cc in your game) button the wrench icon and > Repair Game 
  • If you have no mods or cc (or have removed them) Here is a step by step on Clearing Cache Files (you can also move it to the desktop instead of deleting if you want to be on the safe side).  Another idea for you is to do a Clean Boot of your pc.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 2 (149 Views)