Re: Sims 4 "Not Responding"

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Having the same exact issue, but the problem is i've already done such a huge work on building houses on there including CC so i'm scared to remove it because i think none of my builds will stay in the game after i run it as an administrator and repair it. Am i right? Could that happen?

p.s. 

Can i just run the game as an administrator and repair it without having to cut and paste my CC somewhere else? And is that in any way a better solution?

Basically, just want to know that when and if i do this, is it possible my whole game stays the same, with no changes, including what's inside her?

Thanks in advance Standard smile)))) 

Message 31 of 39 (1,524 Views)

★★ Novice

My sims 4 game dosent want to open and ik its not my Custom Content cause I watch a lot of cc videos and they have all the cc I have so why is my game not wanting to open at all im panicking...

Message 32 of 39 (1,464 Views)

Hero

Hi @LovelySimmer222 

it depends on the cc you have. There's outdated cc that can cause issues so maybe you have something that others don't have which makes your game not load

Only way to be sure it's not your cc is if you test the game without it and see if it then loads.

If it does, you need to weed through your cc and find the guilty party that is causing the issue

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 39 (1,446 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@WootCandy omg tysm this worked!! i thought i would have to delete it and start over
Message 34 of 39 (1,391 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

what was your broken file? can you name it because it may help me detect what file is corrupting my game. Thanks! Standard smile

Message 35 of 39 (1,302 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried removing my CC and I've repaired the game several time, but when I go to play the game its shows the sims/maxis loading screen but then it just plays the music with a white blank screen, I dont know what to do please help?...

Message 36 of 39 (1,162 Views)

Hero

Hi @tazzy_boi13 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 39 (1,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@lyricaljustic3 THANK YOU! YOUR AMAZING!!!
Message 38 of 39 (1,100 Views)

Community Manager
Closing older thread here. For current issues, please look for an active existing thread on the subject or if there are none yet, please open a new thread and add information.Standard smile Thanks.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 39 of 39 (1,076 Views)