Message 21 of 39 (3,144 Views)

Re: Sims 4 "Not Responding"

Champion (Retired)

@fdzsv

Which link? Please explain your problem if you need help Standard smile

Message 22 of 39 (3,133 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i have the same thing happen were it says not respoding it goes to a black screen then white ive gotten ride of all my mods and done evrything buts its not working what do i do 

Message 23 of 39 (3,009 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try and remove the custom content which doesn't correspond with the date you download it.

For example:

[the name of the item]           6/15/2017 3:33 PM

^

If you remember not uploading it on THIS date, then that is the one not letting you play, so you should delete it.

Message 24 of 39 (2,874 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This just happened to me too! I updated the game and it opened normally until I went to the settings and enabled mods and went to restart my game for it to enable but it doesn't respond and stays on a black screen. I removed my mods and still does not work. I'm using a mac as well.

Message 25 of 39 (2,763 Views)

@Sims1234Lover123

Exactly the same rules apply for macOS as Windows. If the mods aren't compatible with the current patch level of the game then it may cause issues with your game.

Move all your Mods out then add them back in in small batches, testing to see if your game will still load after adding each batch. When it stops loading then you have found one or more mods which are incompatible. Move them in individually, again testing to se if your game will still load until you find a broken Mod.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 26 of 39 (2,741 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi thanks for your reply, but I removed all my mods completely out of the sims folder and I even uninstalled my game and installed it again and it still gives me the same black screen and will not respond. I'm really confused why it worked immediately after I updated it but not when I wanted to restart my game...

Message 27 of 39 (2,726 Views)

@Sims1234Lover123

Can you disable Origin in-game then see if it loads?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 28 of 39 (2,712 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Oh my gosh it finally worked!! Thank you so much!
Message 29 of 39 (2,703 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I think I have the same problem. I'm on a machine running windows 10. My game is fully updated (April 19th, 2019) I took out all my cc, and eventually wiped the entire Sims 4 folder. I repaired the game so many times, and I've just uninstalled and reinstalled.

When I try to run the sims 4, it shows the EA and the Maxis screens, and then it just freezes at the "The Sims 4" screen while the music plays. If I click anywhere, the screen gets covered in a white fog and the windowed bar at the top says (Not Responding). Nothing happens until I force-shut-down.

I read something about expansion packs, like downloading a new one could fix it? Anyway, I have GTW, Toddler stuff, Parenthood, Cats and Dogs, and Seasons.

I'm thinking it could be my graphics card. If anyone needs that information, I can find it, I just don't know it off the top of my head.

Message 30 of 39 (2,384 Views)