Re: Sims 4 "Not Responding"

by pukkatingle

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I've done all of this. It's all fine until I'm in the house of my family I push play and it forces me out of the game. 

Message 11 of 39 (5,569 Views)

Hero

Hi @ItsKars

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 39 (5,566 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you thank you thank you thank you 

Message 13 of 39 (5,420 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i've download it. how do i use it?

Message 14 of 39 (5,362 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LuzmiaSagal  Are you talking about the dxdiag file? There should be a file on your desktop, just use the paper clip below the text input box to attach the file to the post.

Message 15 of 39 (5,351 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this problem and managed to fix it by updating my video card and do a factory reset , it worked for   a while, after 2 days playing the game , just now it started acting up again , i mean i cant do factory reset every time right ? if u said it was my mods , i tried playing the game without mods but it still doesnt work , the recent cats and dogs update had a lot of mods that were bugging , and i have tons of them , so any fix ? 

Message 16 of 39 (5,310 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much

Message 17 of 39 (5,290 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Right click Origin and click Run as Adminstrator.

Hope the helped Standard smile
Message 18 of 39 (5,178 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

My sims 4 is not responding I open it up and it loads in until the Sims 4 icon comes up so I click on the screen and it says not responding it has a bar at the top of the screen saying Sims 4 it isn't a cheat bar as I am not in game

Message 19 of 39 (4,963 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@pukkatingle

Are you using any mods or cc in your game? Try to remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

If you don't have mods or it did not work, please post a DxDiag:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 20 of 39 (4,960 Views)