Re: Sims™ 4 "Dine Out" BUGS WITH RESTAURANT TABLE.

by julesbbsea17

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims™ 4 "Dine Out" BUGS WITH RESTAURANT TABLE.

★★ Novice
- I definitely DON'T know if it is just me. But I've recently purchased the NEW Sims™ 4 Dine Out GamePack. I love everything about it so far, but that was UNTIL I've put a restaurant down from the library. I have two Sims that are currently in a relationship. So I've made both of them go out to eat for a romantic evening. The FIRST thing I did was click on the "Host Station" so that I can "Request Table". I did this action with the male Sim ( boyfriend ) and he gladly got his table and sat down. But I wanted his ( girlfriend ) to sit with him . SHE COULDN'T BECAUSE I CLICKED THE TABLE AND IT SAID THAT IT WAS OCCUPIED BY ANOTHER SIM. So apparently, while playing the Sims™ 4 Dine Out, you can't even ENJOY a meal with your loved one. You have to sit at two SEPERATE TABLES. Which I find annoying. I've cleaned my Origin Cache, I've also uninstalled my base game, and my packs and reinstalled it TWO times already. I don't have mods. Can someone please address this issue?! I think we need a new GAME PATCH for this bug.
Message 1 of 10 (15,998 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok I'm having the same issue. I have no mods or CC's. When my sim is invited to a restaurant by a friend (outside the home) they cannot request a table, it just keeps cancelling the action or they wave and nothing happens. The Sim they're with seems to get seated first and then they can request a table successfully. But I just had a married couple go on a date together to a restaurant and neither could request a table. The host stand isn't surrounded by anything at all, I even had one sim introduce herself to the host and chat with him a bit in hopes that would help but nothing changed. Seriously frustrating.

Update: Hey I fixed my issue. It was something I've not seen on any other discussion boards about this problem... The stupid lights hung too low. I had those big square lights and noticed how low they appear to hang in the bar area and I also have one over the host station. I removed the lights and replaced them with something much smaller and suddenly I had zero issues requesting tables. The stupid lights. Oy vey 🤦😄

(Post merged by CM)

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (13,425 Views)

All Replies

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 10 (15,980 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm in the same boat, when i try and request a table at any restaurant it won't seat me. My Sim just waves confused.I removed every mod and tried it, the same problem. This is depressing, i really wanted to enjoy this aspect of the game.

Message 3 of 10 (14,108 Views)

Did your Sims go to the restaurant as a date?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 10 (14,077 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I'm having this trouble to no mods or cc

Message 5 of 10 (13,606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

yes they were on a date when this happened

Message 6 of 10 (13,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok I'm having the same issue. I have no mods or CC's. When my sim is invited to a restaurant by a friend (outside the home) they cannot request a table, it just keeps cancelling the action or they wave and nothing happens. The Sim they're with seems to get seated first and then they can request a table successfully. But I just had a married couple go on a date together to a restaurant and neither could request a table. The host stand isn't surrounded by anything at all, I even had one sim introduce herself to the host and chat with him a bit in hopes that would help but nothing changed. Seriously frustrating.

Update: Hey I fixed my issue. It was something I've not seen on any other discussion boards about this problem... The stupid lights hung too low. I had those big square lights and noticed how low they appear to hang in the bar area and I also have one over the host station. I removed the lights and replaced them with something much smaller and suddenly I had zero issues requesting tables. The stupid lights. Oy vey 🤦😄

(Post merged by CM)

Message 7 of 10 (13,426 Views)

★ Novice

This blew my mind. The light was in the way like you said!!! 

Message 8 of 10 (12,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can’t see to figure out the problem 

Message 9 of 10 (8,472 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @emiylmange 

Another member posted in this thread and shared what worked for them:

@julesbbsea17 wrote:

Please give that a go. We'll close this thread in the meantime as it was last active a year + ago. If the advise helped please add some XP to the post that shared the information. If it didn't, feel free to open a new/current thread to continue the discussion. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 10 of 10 (8,455 Views)