Sims 4 pc

by Isummers1

Original Post

Sims 4 pc

★★ Novice

My Sims is loading forever not the loading screen to get on sims 4 but the one when u ho to ur Sims living space to play HELP!! Yes I use cc and mods

Message 1 of 8 (534 Views)

Re: Sims 4 pc

@Isummers1  Please move your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Launch the game, which will create a clean folder with no content.  Create a sim (no need to spend much time on it; this is just for testing), try to place them in a house, play for a few minutes, save, quit, reload, and see whether you can play the house again.  Let me know either way.

If you can't play the new save in the clean folder, please let me know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS, and which version.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (520 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Isummers1  What is the lot size, and how big and object packed is the house your sims live in? Have you tried to eliminate CC and mods as an explanation to your issues by testing in a brand new folder? Rename The Sims 4 folder and start the game, and load som lots to see if it's possible. All your saves etc will still be in the renamed folder and accecible through game once you chnage back the folder name to The Sims 4 again.

Message 3 of 8 (513 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m on a window pc 10

Message 4 of 8 (490 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Isummers1  Did you try in a new folder? Both suggestions in this thread mean to make you do that. Standard smile

I found a better description of how to do it:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Message 5 of 8 (472 Views)

★★ Novice

Now it’s say a error log when I get in 😔

Message 6 of 8 (421 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes now it says error log 

Message 7 of 8 (420 Views)

@Isummers1  Please take a screenshot of the error you're seeing.  Hit Windows key-shift-S and drag your cursor over the section of the screen you want to capture.  Then click on the notification in the lower right corner to see the screenshot, or you can open Paint and crtl-V to paste the image.  Either way, you can attach it to a post here.

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  I would like to see if there are any errors or other issues that would explain the problems you're having.  Here's how to run a dxdiag:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 8 (401 Views)