Sims 4 patch

by Appieloosa

Original Post

Sims 4 patch

★ Novice

Since updating with the new patch today my game will not let me select anything when I go to play. Can't select camra or anything, when I try to save and exit it goes black and I can still see the green icon move since my sim is on the computer and it moves when she moves but that's it. I've restarted the computer twice and tried to close out the game on my start and still nothing happens?! There were no issues until I installed the new patch it will not even pull up the gallery it's just a bunch of letters.

Message 1 of 2 (134 Views)

Re: Sims 4 patch

@Appieloosa  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just start a new save and see whether any of the issues show up.  If they don't, you can copy one of your saves from the Sims 4 folder you moved into the new one, but don't add any mods until you've tested without them.

If your existing saves work in the new folder, the problem is one or more of your mods, and you'll have to sort through them or get updated versions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)