Re: Sims 4 opens origin

by L0uio

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

@L0uio 

Do you get any kind of error message when you try to run the game from Origins My Game Library?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 11 of 17 (493 Views)

★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

I don't. When I tried to run the game from the my game library, it closed the origin tab like the game was about to start, then just opened the tab to the main screen again, so nothing. I tried with steam again too just for good measure, nothing.

Message 12 of 17 (477 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@L0uio 

OK so you bought the game on Steam. Here you will likely need to repair it from Steam.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 13 of 17 (447 Views)

★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

repaired it on steam, told me all files are validated, but still nothing Frown

Message 14 of 17 (406 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@L0uio 

It may be a problem with Origins cache. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Message 15 of 17 (375 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

sorry for the late response. 

Still nothing Frown( not sure what else to do.

Message 16 of 17 (273 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@L0uio 

Please try to perform a clean boot and see if the game works better.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Message 17 of 17 (264 Views)