Re: Sims 4 opens, but kicks me back to desktop

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Sims 4 opens, but kicks me back to desktop

★★★ Novice

Hi.  

I've updated all my drivers.

Did computer updates. Updated origin and the Sims 4 game 

Yet when I click the play button the game opens,  goes to a white screen then a black screen and kicks me back to the desktop.

The game icon still is in the taskbar and I click it again and it does the same thing. 

I've closed out of origin Completely and restarted it a few times and it does the same thing. 

Message 1 of 15 (1,224 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 15 (1,220 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't use mods or CC. 

Message 3 of 15 (1,218 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 15 (1,210 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here's the info you requested.

Yesterday i played for a bit.

I uninstalled origin, did a repair on the game and went offline on the origin app.

Worked fine.

Tried the same thing a few minutes ago and it loaded up, went to a black screen then white and back to black then booted me back to the desktop.

Message 5 of 15 (1,179 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Nothing wrong there. Please post the contents your lastcrash.txt file. You can not attach this files so paste the content in a spoiler tag (yellow icon).

Message 6 of 15 (1,167 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do I find the last crash file? 

Message 7 of 15 (1,159 Views)

★★★ Novice

I dont see a last crash txt file in my Sims folder. 

Message 8 of 15 (1,154 Views)

Champion (Retired)

By default it is located here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Message 9 of 15 (1,149 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't see a lastcrash.txt file there.  Frown

Message 10 of 15 (1,146 Views)