Sims 4 online post update

by BaeSuzyAddict

Original Post

Sims 4 online post update

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I am unable to access any of the game's online features from viewing pack details or going into the gallery. This has been happening since the update that happened on Tuesday. Any particular reason why? It says no internet connection available. I was able to download the Snowy Escapes just fine.

Message 1 of 10 (546 Views)

Re: Sims 4 online post update

★★ Pro

Hi @BaeSuzyAddict 

Have you checked to make sure you have the option selected, ie: go online re Origin Settings, as it may have reset, to 'offline' (and if not using the new "EA  Desktop" as a different location for this)

Origin offline mode2018-03-09 19-35-52-245.jpg

Hope this helps..

Message 2 of 10 (518 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hmm....  I did install the EA desktop app, but I didn't like it as much so I went back to using Origin. I did uninstall EA desktop. Maybe that has caused me to not be able to access the gallery? 
And yes I have the option to go online selected. 
I assume that if you're online when on origin to buy packs or look at your profile you'll be able to access the gallery too.

Message 3 of 10 (504 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I can access the gallery only within the first seconds after starting the game but the the game kicks me out of the gallery and asks me if I want the game to connect to the internet. I have tried going offline and back online on Origin but it didn't help. I hope someone finds a solution.

Message 4 of 10 (489 Views)

★★ Pro

@BaeSuzyAddict Hi,

Can you try to click the small cog to repair game.

(I uninstalled ea desktop also, as it seemed to keep failing in different aspects for me.. as it trys to "reinstall the game" for one thing)

Message 5 of 10 (464 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I repaired the game a few times.

Message 6 of 10 (459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @BaeSuzyAddict 

1: Try signing out of Origin, then making sure to exit the app completely from the tray item, (if any) also shut any background processes of The Sims 4 and/or Origin, via the task manager.

After that start Origin and sign-in, then right-click on The Sims 4 shortcut and choose "Run as Administrator"

2: Also check that no antivirus applications are blocking it 

3: Check through the current 'crashing' thread, to see if there is anything similar  (there's a 'hot-fix' I believe, coming next week)

4: Clearing Cache & Troubleshooting:

Spoiler

There is a step by step here on Clearing Cache Files (you can also move it to the desktop instead of deleting if you want to be on the safe side).

Another idea for you is to to a Clean Boot of your pc.

Here's a troubleshooter. and another troubleshooter post by Crinrict

5: Online / Gallery Issues

There also seems to be more reporting similar, so it could be that there is something going on in the background, with 'fixes;..

Hope this helps,

Sasha.

nb: if you still encounter issues, their online service may be more help.

Spoiler

- Go here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/#

- Click on Sims 4, then follow by choosing PC, technical problem, then select correct options, then the contact option

- On the next page click on + by the chat option, fill what's necessary so EA support will contact you through chat

or see more details here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-p...

Message 7 of 10 (445 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think I tinkered with too many things and now my game won't load entirely, just goes to Origin. Any way of loading the game does that.

Message 8 of 10 (408 Views)

@BaeSuzyAddict  Please try the steps listed here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-doesn-t-start-No-Error-Message-Pa...

There are a number of them that address different underlying causes, so it's important to try everything on the list.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 10 (406 Views)

★★★★ Novice

2 things, I can connect to the gallery somehow, and also, My game was checked to run on windows 8. That's why my game wouldn't load.

Message 10 of 10 (370 Views)