Sims 4 on external hard drive + CC

by AbbieMayne07

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 on external hard drive + CC

★★★★★ Newbie

I downloaded sims onto my external hard drive, working great so far lol. But there is no folder called mods to download new CC, wondering if there is any specific way to do so or if I just cut my losses on downloading new cc

Message 1 of 2 (1,472 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 on external hard drive + CC

@AbbieMayne07  The Mods folder is inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.  Even though you installed the game itself on the external drive, the Sims 4 user folder will still be in Documents\Electronic Arts by default.  If you want that on your external drive as well, you'll need to use a symbolic link to tell the game where to look for the folder.

https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/02/moving-windows-documents-folder-to-external-drive-via-symbolic-lin...

Or you could just leave the folder where it is.  If your hard drive isn't running low on space, that's the easier approach.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,458 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 on external hard drive + CC

@AbbieMayne07  The Mods folder is inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.  Even though you installed the game itself on the external drive, the Sims 4 user folder will still be in Documents\Electronic Arts by default.  If you want that on your external drive as well, you'll need to use a symbolic link to tell the game where to look for the folder.

https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/02/moving-windows-documents-folder-to-external-drive-via-symbolic-lin...

Or you could just leave the folder where it is.  If your hard drive isn't running low on space, that's the easier approach.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,459 Views)