Re: Sims 4 not working with GeForce GTX 1080?

by burin077

Original Post

Sims 4 not working with GeForce GTX 1080?

★★★ Novice

The sims is not working with my Nvidia Graphics Card

I've tried uninstalling the sims and re-installing, I also tried to add my Graphics card to the Config file, and for some reason, it won't work. I also tried launching the sims from the GeForce control panel, and didn't work.
Here is a screenshot with Sims 4 open and the apps that are using my graphics card

NVDisplay.Container_XLPrmhu1KM.png

As you can see, Sims 4 is not using my graphics card and I don't know how to fix it. Please help

Message 1 of 2 (458 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims 4 not working with GeForce GTX 1080?

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

Have you updated your Nvidia Graphics card to the latest version? A graphics card's update being out of sync with the game's recent version can sometimes be the issue. Sometimes after a Windows update, the display adapters files will be reinstalled with generic drivers; forcing Nvidia to update them usually brings any driver issues back into compliance.

Make sure that after you perform the update, you reboot your computer.

If you're still having issues, or it already shows they're up to date, you may have to go to the Device Manager to remove the drivers before installing them. (I recommend if you do this step, that you have a qualified Windows technician perform this action. Removing drivers can affect your computer's performance.)

If that doesn't work, hopefully someone else will have a resolution for you.

- B

Message 2 of 2 (444 Views)