Re: Sims 4 not working on Windows 11

by DCAtje

Original Post

@JosieMonroe  If you move the Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, all your mods and custom content will be removed too; you can put it and your other content back later.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 31 of 74 (2,874 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen @puzzlezaddict hi yes, my laptop has been restarted so many times in this process and i still get an error message lol. but!! i moved the ts4 folder to my desktop and the game opened!! what does this mean and how do i fix it?

Message 32 of 74 (2,852 Views)

@JosieMonroe  Sorry I didn't specifically mention the clean folder before.  I'd suggested it to someone else earlier in the thread, but I guess not to you.

Anyway, this means that something in the folder you've moved is the issue, and you'll need to find out what.  Mods are the most likely cause, so test those first, or else just download new versions confirmed compatible with the current patch level.  Your saves are probably fine, but test those too, just in case.  As long as you don't save your progress with your mods and cc missing, the content will show up in the saves again once you've added it to the new Sims 4 folder.

If you have a lot of mods or cc, the 50/50 method can make testing much more efficient:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

Message 33 of 74 (2,834 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict @jpkarlsen @darkaudit hi!! sorry i couldn't post my updates here, getting ready for finals. but i removed the folder and figured out that the problem was in one of the files under all the folders in the ts4 folder. my game works now and i couldn't be more thankful!! thank you all so much for your help!! Standard smile))

Message 34 of 74 (2,742 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My laptop updated last night. the game is not crashing but things are not working like they are suposed to or did before the update.... I can't clean my kitchen counters, stove, microwave... wich means my sims are disgusted al the time. Instead of 8 actions, I can only select 4 actions in the waiting line. They are walking trhough everything all the time. The changingclothes glitches out a lot, they don't do the turn. they just jump a tile forward and are in the right clothes. for the rest it works fine, but it is a bit anoying.

Message 35 of 74 (2,570 Views)

@DCAtje  Please test in a clean user folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just see whether you have any of the same issues in a new save.

If you do, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 36 of 74 (2,562 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So you switched to W10 and it worked?
Message 37 of 74 (2,475 Views)

@leonka67  The person you asked did a clean install of Windows 11 and then the game worked.  They didn't go back to 10.

If you're having an issue and would like help, please describe what happens when you try to play.  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 38 of 74 (2,463 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Hi, I downloaded The Sims 4 from Steam. When I first started the game, it wanted me to download Origin (they called it link2ea). I downloaded Origin. Then I tried to run it again. But the game doesn't load at all, and it doesn't even offer me a connection to Origin. And I'm sorry, my dxdiag.exe is in Czech.
Message 39 of 74 (2,453 Views)

@leonka67  Please try running both Steam and Origin as an admin: right-click on each shortcut and select "Run as administrator."

If that doesn't help, please post the entire dxdiag, as in, click "save all information," save the .txt file to your desktop, and attach it to a post.  Please also let me know what antivirus you use.

Message 40 of 74 (2,413 Views)