Re: Sims 4 not working after October 2017 update

by CMeki

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 not working after October 2017 update

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So after the Sims 4 updated, I open my game to find that the only available worlds are the ones that require purchase? (The only game pack I have is GTW so all of my households were in the base game worlds)

What's even worse, once I click Magnolia Promenade (the only world I could click on), the game crashes.

I've tried removing my mods, updating origin and re-updating the game, making a new household (it crashed as soon as I got to the CAS screen), but I'm still having the same problem.

Message 1 of 8 (5,438 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Rightclick the game in Origin and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (10,472 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Rightclick the game in Origin and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (10,473 Views)

★ Novice

it worked! thank you

Message 3 of 8 (5,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I clicked repair on mine but its just stuck in pause. No play icon no build mode icon. Someone help please. I removed my mods and it played fine but i can't play without my mods, so boring. Help please
Message 4 of 8 (4,629 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You need to update your Mods and CC. If the Author has not updated and will not update then look for something similar or do without.

Message 5 of 8 (4,627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine repair button is in gray but the others are in black, so i can't click on it

Message 6 of 8 (2,870 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Nolsoy123

Please don't post about the same issue in multiple threads Standard smile
Make sure that you're online on Origin, and update Origin to the latest update.

(backup your save files for safety)

Message 7 of 8 (2,861 Views)

Champion (Retired)

What you can do also is to make a thread on the Origin technical issues-board: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/O-2
As this is not an issue with the game itself but with origin, you might get better help there Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (2,859 Views)