Re: Sims 4 not saving my settings

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 not saving my settings

★★★ Newbie

Sorry if this has been asked, but i couldn't find anything on this. Sorry if the formatting is bad this is my first time posting here.

So recently I've been having a problem where if i go to Settings and change something, it doesn't change after i save the options and restart the game. If it helps i have the Deluxe Version using Origin.

Repairing the files didn't help, removing the mods I have didn't help, restarting Origin didn't help and Uninstalling didn't help, either. I really can't figure out whats going on and couldn't find anything elsewhere so i'm resorting to asking.

Message 1 of 7 (7,207 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)
@Eocina

Try a factory reset of your game folder as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (7,175 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@Eocina

Try a factory reset of your game folder as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (7,176 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sorry, forgot to update this post: I decided to go through the files manually and i found what the problem was. I'm not entirely sure why Origin didn't catch it when i Repaired the files or Re-Installed the game but its fixed now!

I usually have a bad habit of forgetting to update posts like this so sorry if it inconvenienced you, Have a good day/night!  

Message 3 of 7 (7,160 Views)

★ Novice

What worked for you? I am having the same issue

Message 4 of 7 (6,510 Views)

@RoseyGinger2001  Try deleting options.ini, which is in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.  You'll have to redo all your in-game settings, but hopefully they'll stick this time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 7 (6,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ik im very late but i cant find " options.ini" just " options" ?

Message 6 of 7 (1,084 Views)

[ Edited ]

@AJ41723  Your OS is set not to show file extensions, so the .ini part of the name is hidden.  It's the same file though.

Since this thread is somewhat old, I'll lock it here.  If you're still having trouble, please create a new thread describing your issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (1,068 Views)