Sims 4 not saving and deleting all files.

by beccagibbs1264

Original Post

Sims 4 not saving and deleting all files.

★ Novice

Recently, i bought the Get to Work and Realm of Magic extension packs for the Sims 4. Ever since downloading theses, I have had issues with accessing saved games. Although I can repeatedly save the game, after I shut my computer down and go to access it later, everything is gone, the game starts as if it is brand new (with the option to have a tutorial or not).

i have researched the issue and saw a resolution, go into documents-Ea-Sims4-Saves and move that into my desktop, I did that, after shutting my computer down and going on it the next morning, I found the saves file in my desktop had gone and when going into my documents, nothing was there not even the EA file.

Message 1 of 5 (343 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not saving and deleting all files.

Hero (Retired)

@beccagibbs1264   Do you use OneDrive? OneDrive relocates files for the user documents folder to be synced. Check to see if OneDrive is active.

Message 2 of 5 (315 Views)

★ Novice

One drive is on my laptop however I don’t use it, all the files on every document on my laptop was deleted. I am now reinstalling Sims to see if that helps but I’ll try it when it reinstalls. Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 5 (296 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@beccagibbs1264   Did you log into OneDrive? If so you activated OneDrive. See if this link helps you - OneDrive configuration 

Message 4 of 5 (283 Views)

★ Novice

Okay so I went onto OneDrive and looked in the documents and found all of my documents including my saved games, it looks as though they’re automatically saving into that file instead of my normal documents outside of OneDrive.

Message 5 of 5 (266 Views)