Re: Sims 4 not running on Dell Inspiron 5567

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 not running on Dell Inspiron 5567

★★ Novice

Hi

I have The Sims 4 downloaded on my PC from Origin and unfortunately when I go to play it all I get is a white screen and no way of clicking on anything to get into game settings, options etc.

Is there a way of changing settings for the game without actually having to open it?

It is a bit tricky if every time I click on the icon to launch it all I get is a white screen and then have to close the program down again :-(

I have tried opening the program though Origin and also directly from the desktop with no luck.

My computer isn't a flash gaming computer, but it is a Dell Inspiron 5567 2.50GHz with an Intel i5 chip, 8GB Ram, with Intel HD 620 graphics amd plenty of Hard drive space.

I have searched online and done checks and apparently my computer is able to run the SIms 4.

Would really appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Message 1 of 6 (331 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@yeehbadger 

Rightclick the game in Origin and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (324 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestion.

I only downloaded the game again today from my Origin account, so it should be fine, but I'll give it a go.........

I also noticed on Origin it lets you select a couple of very basic options, like a 32 Bit version. I even tried this just in case, but no luck.

Just repaired it and it came back as all ok. Then tried it again, but no luck.

When the screen goes white it almost looks like it is trying to run the game on a different screen size and then gives up.

Do you know what screen size works for the Sims 4 please?

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 6 (315 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@yeehbadger 

Do not load the Legacy edition unless your PC runs 32bit or are too weak to run the standard version, All new packs will not run with it.

Do you have Riva Tuner or Afterburner installed? If so they may conflict with The Game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (298 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope,

I don’t have either of those installed. 

There isn’t really much on the laptop other than the usual word, excel, Adobe, a few Canon camera software programs and Age of Empires, iTunes and photos. 

Thanks

Message 5 of 6 (290 Views)

@yeehbadger  Try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (266 Views)