Re: Sims 4 not responding and stuck at initial black screen (2018)

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Sims 4 not responding and stuck at initial black screen (2018)

★★ Novice

I bought Sims 4 yesterday. Downloaded it onto my PC. Launched the game but it does not get past a black screen. I go to check task manager and the program was not responding. This has been going on all the way till now. I downloaded the game onto my laptop and it was fine. I checked my PC for updates and everything is up to date. Tried disabling origin in game to see if It would load but it did not. Tried repairing and reinstalling the game as well, no luck. What can I do to make it work on my PC?

Message 1 of 18 (1,441 Views)

Could you post a DxDiag of your PC? This gives us a bit more information into your system and what is going on.
Feel free to delete any personal information like the 'machine name'. You can attach the DxDiag to your next reply in this post.
You can read about how to gather your DxDiag over here:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 18 (1,430 Views)

★★ Novice

Operating System: Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.170204-0600)
                    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
             System Model: Z97MX-Gaming 5
                             BIOS: F4
                   Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
                        Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8054MB RAM
                     Page File: 4886MB used, 11359MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Message 3 of 18 (1,416 Views)

That is just a small part of it, could you post the full DxDiag? It should be a txt file.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 18 (1,398 Views)

★★ Novice

This:

Message 5 of 18 (1,391 Views)

Your graphics drivers are from 2016, try updating those:
https://www.geforce.com/drivers

You also have some crashes from HCLOUD.exe, which seems to be a Windows proces. Have you seen a notification of this before?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 18 (1,387 Views)

★★ Novice

I actually attached an old DxDiag file. I'm up to date on my graphics. I think I've seen the HCloud problem before but would that really affect my games? I've played other games I have on my PC no problem. Like Assassin's Creed Origin and SimCity. Here is the more updated dxdiag attached.

Message 7 of 18 (1,380 Views)

That looks a lot better! I could be affecting it, if it's asking too much. You could try removing it by going to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs.

Other than that your DxDiag looks good to me. Do you have any CC (Custom content) or mods? If so, could you try running the game without?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 18 (1,365 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@bingsoo10  A 240Gb SSD is not big enough for a Windows gaming computer - Windows bloats that is what it does and 44.6Gb is not enough free space on the system device. You will continue to have issues and if you don't free up space the issues will get worse. TS3 is not like other 3D games. TS3 generates temp files more so then other games and you probably had more free space when playing other graphical games.

Message 9 of 18 (1,355 Views)

★★ Novice

So I tried to look for the HCloud application but no where to be found in the control panel, program and features. I have no mods. I literally just got the game and the first ever boot up failed.

Message 10 of 18 (1,332 Views)