Sims 4 not opening

by Abbiiejo

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 not opening

★★★ Newbie

hi 

i can not open the game (failed download )what should i do ?

Message 11 of 19 (1,574 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@gennifer99

Okay, so the problem is not really that you cannot open the game, but that you cannot download it?
Or what does it say if you click the game in the library, does the orange button say download?

Do you get an error message or error code of some kind? Please post the message by writing it down, or take a screenshot of it and post it in an answer.

This is what you could do without me knowing what your problem is really Standard smile

Try clearing Origin's cache.
Make sure to white-list Origin in your security programs, then Run Origin as administrator.

In the upper left corner of the client, choose Origin > Application Settings > Diagnostics, then turn on safe mode downloading, and try again.

Message 12 of 19 (1,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wouldn't uninstalling it and reinstalling it get rid of all your CC and mods that you added to your game?

Message 13 of 19 (1,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same for me but its been going on for about a year or so and haven't talked to anyone but im talking now.
Message 14 of 19 (1,529 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ktbsaltatehdoteh

No, uninstalling the game does not usually remove your user files, that being mods, saves etc.

Message 15 of 19 (1,519 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my sister has over 2000 custom content bits and she says to re lode them because your sims is denying one of them 

Message 16 of 19 (1,438 Views)

★ Novice
ME 2
Message 17 of 19 (1,397 Views)

★ Novice

*files and *reload Raised eyebrow

Message 18 of 19 (1,250 Views)

Hero

I'm going to lock this thread as it's a bit old and is now just being necro'd for necro's sake.

So, please create a new thread if you have this issue and please don't post in old threads to correct someone's spelling.

If you have issues with this, feel free to create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (1,234 Views)