Sims 4 not opening (PC)

by IrregularSuspect

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 not opening (PC)

★★★★ Novice

Long story short, my game opens to the point where this Sims 4 logo loads, but after that it doesn't respond. Everything was fine until yesterday, I played it, then downloaded a bit of custom content (no script mods at all) and tried to load my game up, but that's where the problem started. I've taken the custom content I downloaded out, but it hasn't been the same since. I took some of my other cc out too, that did work, but when I added the rest (without the cc I downloaded the same day) it still isn't opening. I've tried repairing the game, reinstalling it, running Origin as an Administrator and disabling Origin in game, but nothing is working at all. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Message 1 of 3 (338 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 not opening (PC)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @IrregularSuspect!

To fix mod problems you can try some different things:

• Remove all mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
    • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken mods, remove these and try your game again.
    • Make sure to update your mods. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the latest patch Standard smile
      https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/incompatible-modsupdates-november-7-2017-patch/
      You can also download Sims 4 Studio and do a batch fix for your objects & clothes

Good Luck!

____________________________________________________________________

If you find an answer helpful, give your fellow simmers some XP! Also remember to click "Accept as solution" if a post answered your question.

Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (413 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hi @IrregularSuspect!

To fix mod problems you can try some different things:

• Remove all mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
    • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken mods, remove these and try your game again.
    • Make sure to update your mods. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the latest patch Standard smile
      https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/incompatible-modsupdates-november-7-2017-patch/
      You can also download Sims 4 Studio and do a batch fix for your objects & clothes

Good Luck!

____________________________________________________________________

If you find an answer helpful, give your fellow simmers some XP! Also remember to click "Accept as solution" if a post answered your question.

Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

Message 2 of 3 (414 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I added them all back in, found a few that were broken and got the game running again. Thank you so much! Large smile

Message 3 of 3 (312 Views)