Sims 4 not loading every other start up

by SwagaliciousPig

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 not loading every other start up

★ Novice

I haven't played since last December and the game was perfect then, but now in june of 2020 it won't load half of the times I open it.

I have to close it with task manager and try again and it works the second time. It's always the second time I load it that it goes all the way and makes it to the title screen, it never makes it on the first try. it's so odd.

I do have mods installed but it does it even with the mods removed, i tried it several times just to make sure it wasn't a one time thing and it happened every other time just like before.

The first time i open it it loads the logo animation and then goes white and minimizes and stays that way [ I left it for about an hour one time and it never loaded the start screen or maximized the window ]

I don't know whats happening, it's not really a major problem just an inconvenience i'd like to fix.

Message 1 of 3 (235 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 not loading every other start up

@SwagaliciousPig  Please disable Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (202 Views)

All Replies

@SwagaliciousPig  Please disable Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (203 Views)

★ Novice

Holy crap thank you! I loaded it 10 times just to be sure and it worked each time, thank you so much. I don't see why origin in-game would cause it to act up but turning it off fixed it

Message 3 of 3 (175 Views)