by kenyboo1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 no sound while playing PC

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs besides Star Wars, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? unable to hear any sound from sims game while playing and from sims start up.
What do you expect to see? sound should be played throughout game when volume is up/on
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims does not have any sound. Have updated game and reinstalled (deleted mods/custom content before reinstalling). Computer has sound outside of game. U

Message 1 of 9 (12,584 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 no sound while playing PC

@kenyboo1  Please check to make sure you haven't disabled sound for Sims 4 within Origin.  Open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and make sure there isn't a -nosound argument in the command line box.  If there is, delete it and save the change.

If that's not the issue, please test with a different sound output that uses a different connection, e.g. built-in speakers vs. headphones connected via jack.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (12,541 Views)

All Replies

@kenyboo1  Please check to make sure you haven't disabled sound for Sims 4 within Origin.  Open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and make sure there isn't a -nosound argument in the command line box.  If there is, delete it and save the change.

If that's not the issue, please test with a different sound output that uses a different connection, e.g. built-in speakers vs. headphones connected via jack.

Message 2 of 9 (12,542 Views)

★★ Novice

OMG!!! You are freaking awesome. If you could only see the face my daughter made and how she ran frantically across the room in excitement. She has never been more excited lol. Thanks again! It’s been an issue for almost a year now and we finally got an answered. 

Message 3 of 9 (12,531 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I hate to say it but I've had this issue multiple times myself. The game would start fine with sounds on. At random the sounds would just go off. I never touched the mute key. Nothing in settings in Origin was changed, nor settings in game.
This issue began last year for me. Sometimes the sound would be off at start up, but then come back once I start playing.
I'm curious if my built in speakers in laptop are having an issue, but not sure how to rule that out.
Ideas?
Message 4 of 9 (12,486 Views)

@sarahholdenried  The first test would be to use some other sound output, e.g. earbuds or a Bluetooth device.  If the sound cuts out, the issue isn't your laptop's speakers.  If it doesn't cut out, it still might not be about your speakers—the sound driver might be a problem, or some other software.  But it's still helpful to narrow things down.

Message 5 of 9 (12,473 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I was having this problem on my laptop, but I just bought a new computer and the problem just happened. So it's definitely not a computer or speaker issue, it's something with the game itself.
Message 6 of 9 (12,383 Views)

@notsocandy  The game itself produces sound just fine in most cases, so it's clearly not only a game issue.  Can you try a different sound output that uses a different type of connection?  Please let me know what you're using now and what else you test with.  You can also try playing with the sound settings, e.g. spatial sound; right-click on the Sound icon in the lower right corner of your screen to open the options menu.

Message 7 of 9 (12,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried testing the origin sound settings,restarted the game ,uninstalled the game reinstalled the game, tried using headphones or new speakers, I have tried changing the settings in game but nothing is working I believed its the game

Message 8 of 9 (7,618 Views)

@scalletta67  Did you ever set Origin to run Sims 4 without sound?  To check, open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options.  If there's anything written within the command line box, delete it and save.

And of course make sure that your computer produces other sounds when appropriate.

If this isn't the issue, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 9 of 9 (7,594 Views)