Sims 4 - my dxdiag

by OprahBIGBOI

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 - my dxdiag

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My Sims 4 game refuses to load and stays on a white screen.

I have removed my mods folder, but it did nothing.

Attached is my dxdiag file

Message 1 of 4 (752 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 - my dxdiag

@OprahBIGBOI  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can load a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you still get a white screen, repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Then try to play again, still with the clean folder in place.

Your dxdiag also lists a number of errors related to Windows, not Sims 4.  They may or may not have anything to do with the white screen, but they should be addressed regardless.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

If sfc reports it found corrupt files and was unable to fix some of them, please let me know and stop here.  Otherwise, restart your computer and run any pending Windows updates.  Hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the button to check for updates.  If there are a number pending, it may take a few tries, with restarts in between, to get them all to run.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (727 Views)

All Replies

@OprahBIGBOI  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can load a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you still get a white screen, repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Then try to play again, still with the clean folder in place.

Your dxdiag also lists a number of errors related to Windows, not Sims 4.  They may or may not have anything to do with the white screen, but they should be addressed regardless.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

If sfc reports it found corrupt files and was unable to fix some of them, please let me know and stop here.  Otherwise, restart your computer and run any pending Windows updates.  Hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the button to check for updates.  If there are a number pending, it may take a few tries, with restarts in between, to get them all to run.

Message 2 of 4 (728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much for your help. My Sims game is up and running, thanks to you.

This is what Powershell said: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>"

Message 3 of 4 (699 Views)

@OprahBIGBOI  Great, it sounds like DISM took care of any errors, so sfc had nothing to fix.  I'm glad your game is working again.

Message 4 of 4 (677 Views)