Re: Sims 4 money cheat not working

by BlouPiesang

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 money cheat not working

★ Apprentice

Hi guys, 

Most of the cheats I try in Sims 4 are not working. I usually play without cheats, so this is the first time I tried using them in The Sims 4 (although I think I used the motherlode cheat just after my sister and I got the game to see if it is still the same, and it worked). Her game's cheats are working perfectly fine, but mine aren't, all of the sudden.

I thought typing "testingcheats true" first would help - it worked (says "Cheats are enabled"), but the other cheats like motherlode, freerealestate, katching, etc. still don't work. I didn't try all cheats as that would take forever, so I can't name all that aren't working. I updated my game today as well, but still nothing. I haven't played the game for a month, but I didn't change or move any files in the mean time. I don't see why it would suddenly stop working...

If there is a patch for this, please direct me to one. I didn't find one yet. Please help me!

Message 1 of 49 (408,057 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

Wait! Silly me Standard smile I found the problem - I was in Build Mode... so apparently some cheats don't work in Build Mode. They should add that as a side note :P

Thanks for the help anyway!! 

View in thread

Message 4 of 49 (459,681 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Do non-money cheats work ? Are you using any mods in your game ? Does it say the command was unrecognized or did nothing happen ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 49 (407,838 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the quick reply!

Nope, hovereffects for instance is not working (it doesn't change any hover effects and doesn't say anything after I pressed Enter). It also doesn't say anything after I typed motherlode.

Message 3 of 49 (407,835 Views)

★ Apprentice

Wait! Silly me Standard smile I found the problem - I was in Build Mode... so apparently some cheats don't work in Build Mode. They should add that as a side note :P

Thanks for the help anyway!! 

Message 4 of 49 (459,682 Views)

Hero

Glad you got it sovled and thanks for letting us know you found the solution Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 49 (407,827 Views)

★★ Novice

my cheat window comes up but when i type in the money cheat nothing happens. Im currently at a zero balance, please help......

Message 6 of 49 (407,693 Views)

★ Apprentice
Hi! Did you check if you are in build or buy mode? Because some cheats only work in live mode. I had the same problem Standard smile
Message 7 of 49 (407,684 Views)

★★ Novice

I've tried in build mode and live mode I've enabled the cheats and it showed 'cheats enabled' and motherhood still wont work. I am on a mac does that effect it?

Message 8 of 49 (404,713 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nope, that does not affect it at all. It is not supposed to anyway.

But I do have a question for you - did you type in "motherhood" or "motherload"? It should be motherload Wink

If that was the issue then your problem is solved!

Message 9 of 49 (404,669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I'm trying to remove 20000 (for the Legacy), i use "money 1995" (thats my money) and "sims.modify_funds -20000" and in any case nothing happens. I'm not in a building mode, help me please!

Message 10 of 49 (401,521 Views)