Sims 4 mods issue

by MissSunshine2219

Original Post

Sims 4 mods issue

★★★ Newbie

Hello there! 

I will admit I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to anything Sims related since the last sims game I played was on ps2 and sims2 was it. 

But I seem to be at a issue with my sims4 game. Ever since the new update none of my mods seem to be working, nor do they show up on startup. I have already been having issues with the pose player and teleport mod not working, but even any other mod doesn't seem to work.

I have tried many things and nothing seems to work, am I doing something wrong? 

Hopefully someone can help me. 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3 (173 Views)

Re: Sims 4 mods issue

★ Apprentice

The latest update broke a LOT of mods. EA doesn't support mods, it's up to the modders to update their mods. To be fair to EA, every update to the game the templates are updated and made publicly available to the modders.

I just deleted a whole bunch of mods because the modders haven't been online in ages and I know they're no longer supported.

I guess the answer is, Learn to Mod.

Message 2 of 3 (159 Views)

Re: Sims 4 mods issue

@MissSunshine2219  Are script mods enabled in the game options?  Even if you did reenable them, please check again: sometimes the option gets disabled over and over again.

If that's not the issue, please download a fresh copy of one mod, something that's been updated for or confirmed compatible with the current patch, and see whether it shows in-game.  If it does not, please post the mod's file path, which you can see in the address bar of a File Explorer window, above the list of files and folders.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (151 Views)