Re: Sims 4 mods folder missing on onedrive

by Nadsam023

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 mods folder missing on onedrive

★★ Novice

Hello, I got a new laptop (Surface 4 laptop) so I decided to put all the Sims 4 folders on my OneDrive account. It is now there, but there is no Mods folder. And when I tried to make one and put the mods in it, nothing happens. Also there is no documents/electronic arts/ The Sims 4/ Mods folder. 

Any ideas on how to install Mods? Or do I need to delete the entire file and reinstall it? I did end up cleaning my downloads of the game last week and lost 7 years of game play so if I have to delete all over again it would not hurt as much this time.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3 (862 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Nadsam023  The data in your screenshot is from the game's program files, as in, what Origin installs.  The Sims 4 user folder, the one holds saves and other user content, is in Documents > Electronic Arts.  So that's where you need to look for a Mods folder.  And just to be clear, the user folder, with the Mods folder inside, won't generate until you launch the game for the first time.

I would highly recommend NOT syncing any of the content in your screenshot.  The game can't run from OneDrive, so the extra data is just sitting there taking up space (and possibly convincing you to pay Microsoft for extra storage you don't need).  Since this data is all installed by Origin, you don't need a backup copy anyway, and like I said, this has nothing to do with your saves or mods.

Personally, I wouldn't tell OneDrive to automatically sync the user content either, as the syncing process and its effects can often cause problems with the game.  Instead, I'd manually upload any files I wanted to back up and manage those backups myself as well.

If you need more help, please let me know where the original copy, i.e. the one stored on your computer, of this Sims 4 folder is located.  As in, please post the full file path, or take another screenshot like this one.  Please also look in the local (on your computer) version of Documents > Electronic Arts and let me know whether there's a Sims 4 folder inside.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (846 Views)

All Replies

@Nadsam023  The data in your screenshot is from the game's program files, as in, what Origin installs.  The Sims 4 user folder, the one holds saves and other user content, is in Documents > Electronic Arts.  So that's where you need to look for a Mods folder.  And just to be clear, the user folder, with the Mods folder inside, won't generate until you launch the game for the first time.

I would highly recommend NOT syncing any of the content in your screenshot.  The game can't run from OneDrive, so the extra data is just sitting there taking up space (and possibly convincing you to pay Microsoft for extra storage you don't need).  Since this data is all installed by Origin, you don't need a backup copy anyway, and like I said, this has nothing to do with your saves or mods.

Personally, I wouldn't tell OneDrive to automatically sync the user content either, as the syncing process and its effects can often cause problems with the game.  Instead, I'd manually upload any files I wanted to back up and manage those backups myself as well.

If you need more help, please let me know where the original copy, i.e. the one stored on your computer, of this Sims 4 folder is located.  As in, please post the full file path, or take another screenshot like this one.  Please also look in the local (on your computer) version of Documents > Electronic Arts and let me know whether there's a Sims 4 folder inside.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (847 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Hello, thank you for helping me out! I found it finally and I was able to fix the game and put the Mod in. Thank you again!

Message 3 of 3 (821 Views)