Re: Sims 4 mods don't work

by katfarkas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 mods don't work

★★★★ Novice

My sims mods were working for a few months until I got the sims 4 cats and dogs and now I have no idea how to get them working again I have my resource.cfg file in and I am in the electronic arts under mods so I have no idea what to do now. I got them all from The Sims Resource heres a screenshot of my folder if anyone can help please

http://icecream.me/8015e7b4075ba84b8bc92c04d43c2314

Message 1 of 12 (801 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

In that case they are not in the folder the game uses. Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (664 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Is the option "allow modifcations" in game options still checked?

Message 2 of 12 (770 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I can see that you have some .zip files in there that needs to be unpacked if they contain mods or CC. The other files are only CC judging from the names.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 12 (758 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't see the allow modifications in the game menu at all

Message 4 of 12 (739 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have them all unpacked but it still doesn't work

Message 5 of 12 (733 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@katfarkas wrote:

I don't see the allow modifications in the game menu at all

There is no such menu point. You probably mean Allow Custom Content and Mods plus allow script mods which are there in Game options | Other.

Message 6 of 12 (718 Views)

★★★★ Novice

well then yes I have both of those checked

Message 7 of 12 (703 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Just to clarify: You have now unpacked the zip files but your Mods does not show up in the popup at the Main Menu?

Message 8 of 12 (701 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yup

Message 9 of 12 (672 Views)

Champion (Retired)

In that case they are not in the folder the game uses. Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

Message 10 of 12 (665 Views)