Sims 4 missing mod folder

by Uncharted85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 missing mod folder

★★★ Newbie

I have been playing sims 4 for some time now and i wish to add mods to it, however i find that every mod instructs people to put there files in the mod folder. However i cannot find such folder as it seems that i my game has installed in the origin's game folder and not in the Electronic arts folder (which is were everyone else's game seems to be) and thus the folders are completely different and in some cases missing like the mod folder.

How do i install the sims 4 in the electronic arts folder?  hope by doing so will fix my problem but i have tried to re-install the game several times and searched for an option to change it but i cant seem to find one...

Message 1 of 14 (86,699 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 missing mod folder

Hero

You're looking at the installation folder instead of the one in documents

This is the path the mods folder should be in: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (92,110 Views)

All Replies

Hero

You're looking at the installation folder instead of the one in documents

This is the path the mods folder should be in: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (92,111 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Brilliant, thankyou Standard smile

Message 3 of 14 (86,653 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks, This works!

Message 4 of 14 (83,349 Views)

★ Novice

So, I had the same problem with the missing mods folder, I have around 900-1000 cc in my mods folder and now my mods folder is completley gone. I can look it up in finder and find The folder but the folder isnt in Electronic arts>sims 4. There is one Item In it but When I load my game All my mods show up...

Message 5 of 14 (83,002 Views)

★ Novice
completely*
Message 6 of 14 (83,001 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Jymadamsonnn

Please make a post on the Sims Mac forum and you'll get better help Standard smile

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Message 7 of 14 (82,990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have searched every folder and I cannot don't mods I have clocked everything it has not downloaded with Sims 4 HELP me please!

Message 8 of 14 (72,078 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The user folders are created the first time you run the game. Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 14 (72,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@itztegan I have the same problem Frown
Message 10 of 14 (61,441 Views)