Sims 4 making screen flicker

by mydeskisamess

Original Post

Sims 4 making screen flicker

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded Sims 4 from disks I bought awhile ago.  The game loads fine onto my computer (running Windows 10,) but when I open the game itself up, and it starts running, the top 1/3 of the screen is taken up by what looks like intermittent, diagonally-running static made up of huge pixels.  This also happened when I downloaded the game directly from Origins, as well.  (I downloaded both ways, hoping one would work.)

Could this be happening because I have a sucky graphics card?  Is it a Known Thing that happens that someone might have some way to fix?

Just as a note, I'm a complete idiot when it comes to computers, so if anybody has any help for me, could you please tell me in terms a moderately intelligent chimp could understand?  Standard smile

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3 (277 Views)

Re: Sims 4 making screen flicker

@mydeskisamess  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section, where you'll get game specific help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (258 Views)

Re: Sims 4 making screen flicker

Hero

Hi @mydeskisamess 

do you have this issue only in the Sims or with other games as well ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (240 Views)