Sims 4 - major random selection issue

by Pattatay77

Original Post

Sims 4 - major random selection issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

so, I've had this issue before. I restarted my computer, discovered I had to download legacy for my computer for the new Sims patch and did so, and still. When I'm playing the game, especially in create a Sim, there are times when these issues randomly happen:

In create a Sim-

-random items will not highlight I will not be able to select these (about 40% of any classified item will be unselectable)

-only one or two color options for a random item will be available to select

-I cannot scroll up and down through options

-items will highlight but will not allow me to select them

-this is not confined to any one object, this happens with clothing, body shape and size, skin tone, hair, eyes, any customization option.

Live play/build mode

-I will select a Sim or object, and be unable to select a specific interaction, unless I move to a different angle, different angle is unspecified. Sometimes even moving to a different angle does not allow me to select these options.

-surprisingly enough, customization options in build mode have given me no issues whatsoever.

-edge scrolling will not work randomly

-I will be unable to grab and drag the camera angle randomly

-I will be unable to use right click to turn the camera randomly

Manage worlds-

-I am unable to select certain lots to interact with them

have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both origin and the game and using the repair option in origin. No topics found on ea.com that were similar enough to this issue. No mods. Nothing works. What do I do?

Message 1 of 2 (346 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - major random selection issue

[ Edited ]
Hero

This is usually caused by an overlay background program. Try these suggestions

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2020/03/unclickable-screen-areas-mouse-cursor-doesnt-change/

Also are you sure you need the legacy edition ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (298 Views)