Re: Sims 4 lost progress

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 lost progress

★★★★ Novice

I am having trouble with Origin and the Sims 4 game. After 3 days of trying to fix Origin (it was not responding) it finally opened after I tried everything possible but my Sims 4 saves are lost. I can still see my in-game hour progress but as soon as I get into the game everything is lost. Neither my "Load Game" saves are there nor my gallery has the builds and households that I've saved in the past. Although I still have my saves' file on the Electronic Arts one. What can I do? 

Message 1 of 12 (648 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Okay so I solved the problem of Origin not responding and the Sims 4 lost saves by reinstalling both Origin and Sims 4. I also turned my account into an admin one. @puzzlezaddict thank you so much for your help and your time🙏

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (663 Views)

All Replies

@kurugnn_  Please post the full file path to the save files you still have.  You can see it in the address bar above the list of files and folders in a File Explorer window.

Please also start the game and create a new save.  You don't need to spend much time on it; the point is to save your progress, then exit to the Main Menu.  Click Load Game, hover over the folder icon below the other save info, and you'll see the file path to that save file.  Please post it here as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 12 (611 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Do you mean this one ? : Documents/Electronic%20Arts/The%20Sims%204%20Legacy%20Edition/saves/
Message 3 of 12 (596 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@kurugnn_  Yes, I meant that one, but the question is whether that file path is for your existing saves or the new one you made.  The point is that the two locations need to match, as in, the new save will tell you what location the game is reading, and the old saves need to be there too.

When you're moving over the old saves, if it comes to that, you may need to remove the new save first—it may have the same name as an older one.  You don't want the older one replaced with the newer, but moving the new one will prevent a conflict.

Message 4 of 12 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictokay this is the file where the new saves are
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Legacy Edition\saves\Slot_00000002.save

As I can see the old save files are located in my user and the new ones seem to be located in the other user of the pc. 

Message 5 of 12 (568 Views)

@kurugnn_  So you're definitely signed into the correct user account right now?  It's quite strange that the game would choose to use the other account.  Is yours an admin account, and have you set up any file sharing?  There are ways to share files across accounts in Windows, and maybe a signal is getting crossed somewhere.

Please also check where Windows is directing the Documents folder in your own user account.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, right-click the Documents icon in the main part of the window (not in the left panel), and select Properties.  Under the Location tab, check the file path listed, specifically whether it has your username or the other one listed.  Let me know either way, or if it's a different file path entirely.

Message 6 of 12 (553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictit has my username. By the way, I have tried to log in Origin and Sims 4 from the other user in the past days, because it wouldn't start from mine but now I think this problem is fixed. Maybe that's why it connects with the other user? My account is not an admin one.

Message 7 of 12 (547 Views)

@kurugnn_  I think the problem might be that your account doesn't have admin rights.  You could try running Origin and Sims 4 as an admin: right-click on each desktop shortcut (or find TS4_x64.exe in the game's program files) and select "Run as administrator," which I believe you could do with just an admin password.

But the simplest solution may be playing in an admin account.  If you don't want to use the existing account, you could create a new one; Sims 4 should use that account's Documents directory by default when you launch the game from there.

Message 8 of 12 (542 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I am already running Origin as an administrator.
Message 9 of 12 (536 Views)

@kurugnn_  That's not the same as running Sims 4 as an admin, which you'd need to do (with Origin open) by using either TS4_x64.exe or its shortcut.

Message 10 of 12 (533 Views)