Re: Sims 4 - long loading screens and delayed interactions

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Sims 4 - long loading screens and delayed interactions

★★★★ Novice

Hello!

As of recently, the loading screens for my game have been taking quite a while to load. Loading times typically range from 2-5 minutes. Also, whenever my sim clicks on an object or another sim, the menu for interactions takes about three seconds to open. I have tried several methods to fix this, such as repairing the game, clearing origin cache, removing all mods and custom content, and uninstalling/reinstalling the Sims 4. So far, nothing seems to have worked. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 10 (27,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@snickersnackers

Maybe try resetting your files to factory settings? - > "Clearing Sims cache"

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

Message 2 of 10 (27,396 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately, the factory reset didn't help. The loading screens were a bit faster, but nothing significant. 

My DxDiag is attached.

Message 3 of 10 (27,395 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@snickersnackers

Well, your computer should be able to run the game quite well.

You seem to have a dual graphics system. Make sure to update both, but your game should work so much better on the Nvidia card than the Intel-chip, so make sure that your computer uses that one Standard smile
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/graphics-cardintel-chip-dual-systems/

The dxdiag strangely does not say anything about your hard drives. How are you on free space vs total space?

Message 4 of 10 (27,389 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As far as free space goes, it seems fine. I have 505 GB free of 889 GB. Also, my game already strictly runs on the Nvidia card. 

Message 5 of 10 (27,368 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@snickersnackers

Do you know when this started? Did you make any changes to your computer or your game around that time?

Message 6 of 10 (27,343 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You have a lot of crashes in Lenovo Veriface try installing the latest version Lenovo Veriface

Notice that if you plan to upgrade to Windows 10 this must be removed as it is not compatible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 10 (27,335 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry for the late update.

I have been continuing to make sure everything is up to date on my computer, and it is. Also, I downloaded Lenovo Veriface and there doesn't seem to be a difference. At this point, I feel like I have tried everything that I possibly can and nothing seems to have any effect. 

Message 8 of 10 (27,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well i have waited on my game to load for ten minutes and its still not loaded up

Message 9 of 10 (10,236 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Sims 4, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (10,216 Views)