Sims 4 loading screens take ages to load

by lilyrosie200

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims 4 loading screens take ages to load

★★★ Newbie

In the past few months the loading screens for moving lots during gameplay have been unbearably slow. I’m aware I play on a Hp laptop which means that gameplay isn’t as good as it could be on a desktop but I’ve been playing on it for years and it has never been so slow.

I have some cc/mods but I used to have lots more and loading screens were never an issue. 

I also suffer from lag when starting gameplay which is frustrating but I have gotten used to it. Of course any tips to improve this would be much appreciated.

Im really fed up of waiting 5 minutes to move lots and then another several minutes of lag once the loading has finished. Any tips would be helpful!! 

Message 1 of 4 (701 Views)

Re: Sims 4 loading screens take ages to load

@lilyrosie200  Please test in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a new folder will be created with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just start a new save and test.  Let me know how it runs in comparison to your existing save(s) in your old folder.

If you still get lag, slow loading screens, or any other performance issues, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (666 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Started a new game, definitely some improvement on the loading screens (down from five minutes to about two now) but the lag once the loading has finished and gameplay begins is still there. And whilst the loading time is definitely an improvement, I still find it somewhat difficult to play with. I have attached the dxdiag just in case you need it

Message 3 of 4 (633 Views)

@lilyrosie200  Windows Defender is throwing errors, and there's a McAfee error as well.  The Defender errors could be due to a conflict with McAfee, although Defender should have been disabled when you installed McAfee.  Please try disabling both, just as a test.  If the game works better, you can enable one at a time and test; be sure to set exceptions for Origin.exe, TS4_x64.exe, and TS4.exe.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (612 Views)