Re: Sims 4 loading circle, then back to origin, game won't start

by CMeki

Original Post

Sims 4 loading circle, then back to origin, game won't start

★ Novice

Does anybody have a fix for this yet? It just started happening to me after downloading Cats and Dogs. It originally told me one of my CC"s needed to be removed, which I did. And then I tried to play the game again and it had a loading circle and went straight back to origin. I removed my mods folder and the game loaded fine. I put it back and the problem started again. I put the original mod (the one it told me was the problem) back into the mod folder, and again it told me it was corrupt so I removed again, but it didn't fix the problem. I'm at a loss. Pretty angry that the new update messed up a ton of mods, and now after purchasing the expansion pack, I can't even open the game. 

Message 1 of 2 (479 Views)

Re: Sims 4 loading circle, then back to origin, game won't start

Champion (Retired)

@EmilyPlummer

Hi!

The fix for this is updating or removing your incompatible mods. Standard smile
EA allow mods but doesn't support them, so you download them at your own risk, and you have to make sure that they are up to par with the game. Wink

If you want to keep your mods, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, not between mods and the game)
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 2 (471 Views)