Sims 4, live mode

by PhotoWizard17

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4, live mode

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

Recently, after the November update for Sims 4, I have not been able to go into live mode with my sims. I can go into build mode and CAS no problem, but then I try to play as a household and my game crashes. It could be the Sims that is having the problem or Origin as they both updated the same day and I haven't been able to play since.

Information:

I have the most recent versions of the Sims 4 and Origin

I am running it on a PC

I have removed all mods and cc from the game in an attempt to fix it

I have repaired the game

I have restarted my computer

I have been reading that Origin is having some issues as well so that could be the problem, unfortunately I am not sure if it is the Sims 4 or Origin.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (4,292 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4, live mode

★★ Novice

After the Nov 25th emergency update, my game seems to be working properly again. The update "addressed some crashes that were impacting mod users."

Thank you for your help though. @kreatora Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (4,195 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@PhotoWizard17

Move The Sims4 folder from Documents to the desktop and launch the game. The new The Sims 4 folder will be created.
Start a new game with the random sim and check if the game is working properly.
If yes - delete in the new folder following folders: saves and Tray.
Then copy your old saves folder from desktop and paste into the new folder.
Do the same with the Tray folder and Tray Deleted Items file.
Then check if the game is working properly.
If you have any mods you can paste them in the new mods folder, but scripts mods paste one by one every time checking if the game is working. (Almost all scripts mods are incompatible with the game, after the patch. The same applies to many CC)
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 5 (4,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you for your response.

So I tried as you suggested, and no new Sims folder was made after I moved the original (no big deal) so I started the game and made a random character and it seems to be working again so yay!

But.....then I moved all the original folders back, including saves and tray and mods folders, and none of my content was there any more. All of my houses, my sims, my lots, they were all reverted to the original houses/sims/lots. The only stuff I have is the stuff I uploaded to my gallery...

Edit: I have managed to get my saves back, but I am still unable to actually play as a sim.

Any tips?

@kreatora 

Message 3 of 5 (4,239 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@PhotoWizard17

You should move only saves and Tray folders from the desktop. Nothing more! Other old files can be corrupted,
Then you needed to check if your old saves are working without mods
This error is probably mods related so adding mods without checking them wasn't the best idea.
Most scripts mods and a lot of CC after the last patch are no longer compatible with the game. Most CC Showers confirmed as broken. Some of the CC objects from building mode probably are broken by this patch also. All mods by Kawai need to be updated. The same applies to UIC mod, MCC, More CAS Columns mod, Zerbu mods, Little Ms. Sim mods and so on...

1. Move the mods folder to the desktop.
2. Find and delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
3 Fix the game in Origin
right-click on TS4 select the option "repair game"
4. Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if the game is working now properly without mods
5. Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using. (UIC and MCC there are new versions.)
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK.
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Message 4 of 5 (4,213 Views)

★★ Novice

After the Nov 25th emergency update, my game seems to be working properly again. The update "addressed some crashes that were impacting mod users."

Thank you for your help though. @kreatora Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (4,196 Views)