Sims 4 live mode wont work

by alexhardyy01

Original Post

Sims 4 live mode wont work

★ Novice

When I load my game my world appears and I can build but when I go on live mode I cant go inside my house, go up or down floors in my house, put walls up or down. If I zoom in on my house and get inside that way there is nothing there but floor? but I can see all my stuff through the windows when I'm outside of my house. My sim cant eat or do anything because I cant get inside and when I zoom in and get inside nothing is there to click on ? I've read about uninstalling and reinstalling but wont that delete my family?

Message 1 of 10 (6,717 Views)

Re: Sims 4 live mode wont work

Champion (Retired)

@alexhardyy01

Are you using any mods or cc in your game? Try to remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

Also, in the same folder, delete the lockalthumbnail.package (will not remove anything from your game, just a cache file)

If you do not have mods, try repairing your game. If you do have mods, repair it anyway, but make sure to do it when you've removed the mods.

Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 4 and choose Repair.

Originrepairgame.PNG

Message 2 of 10 (6,703 Views)

★ Novice
Hi, I don’t have any mods and I have repaired it and nothing has changed ?
Message 3 of 10 (6,687 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Okay, then let's try resetting the game (no need to reinstall just yet)

Resetting your files to factory settings.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
      • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

Message 4 of 10 (6,682 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@alexhardyy01

Also, were you having some kinds of event or club gathering going on? :O

Message 5 of 10 (6,666 Views)

★ Novice
No, I’ve uninstalled and re downloaded now too and that still hasn’t changed anything
Message 6 of 10 (6,657 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@alexhardyy01

When you did the reset, did you see this problem with a new save too?
Start the game, start a new save, create a sim or click on a random household, can you see inside the house?

We're trying this to locate the source of the problem, to see it it is the game, the save, the household/lot etc.

If a new save works fine; what if you enter your old save and load another lot/household? does that work?

Message 7 of 10 (6,653 Views)

★ Novice
Old saves do the same thing? I have no idea what else to try haha
Message 8 of 10 (6,638 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@alexhardyy01

Old saves do the game thing?  I don't understand haha.. What about a new save with a new family, did that work or not?

Start you game, click New Game in the startup screen. Do you have the same issue? Also could you post a screenshot of how it looks? :O

Message 9 of 10 (6,634 Views)

★ Novice

is there still no solution? i have this problem too but it applies to only one of my households that i've downloaded from the gallery and refurnished and made some minor layout changes. After finishing the build, I played for a little, saved, and exited the game. It's been maybe a week or so and now live work isn't working. 

Message 10 of 10 (6,003 Views)