Sims 4 legacy edition folder isn't there.

by Lunarmint20

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 legacy edition folder isn't there.

★★★ Novice

So, I recently downloaded The Sims 4 Legacy Edition and when I went to transfer my mods and custom content I couldn't find a folder for the sims 4 legacy edition. Dose ANYONE know how to fix this?

Message 1 of 11 (2,340 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 legacy edition folder isn't there.

Champion (Retired)

@Lunarmint20 

Rightclick the game in Origin and select Game properties. on the Advanced tab. from the dropdown select 32 bit Legacy instead of 64 bit.

Notice that you will not be able to run any new expansion (DU, Tiny living) or access the gallery. If you use Mods/CC you also need to make sure that these will work with Legacy.

From what you wrote earlier it did not seem you had problems running the standard version.If you post a DxDiag I can check if you should have problems with it.

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (2,151 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Lunarmint20  It is possible the game uses OneDrive to store the files. Look for your folder there, and disable it if you don't need it, it seems a common issue.

Detailed description:
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

Message 2 of 11 (2,328 Views)

★★★ Novice

It didn't say it was in OneDrive, But I appreciate your help! If you may know any other solutions please let me know! (✿◕‿◕✿)

Message 3 of 11 (2,318 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Lunarmint20  Two, perhaps silly, questions: Did you start the game at least once, to let it generate a game folder in Documents>Electronic Arts? And are you on Windows or Mac?

Message 4 of 11 (2,312 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am windows and yes I've started up the game multiple times and gave it a few minutes and played a game for a couple minutes as well.

Message 5 of 11 (2,300 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Lunarmint20   Thank you. If you played the game there will be a user folder somewhere. If you saved once there will be a save file in it.

Sorry for getting back to this, but did you follow the detailed descriptions in the link above, of how to find your user files? If you did not save your play, make a new save and use Save As under a recognizable name, like Test. Then look in the Main Menu, like shown in the pictures in the blog post, for the path to the save. What does it say?

More silly questions, thanks for bearing with me :D
Is your old The Sims 4 folder in Documents>Electronic Arts?
From within the save you just started, can you access the Gallery?

I am only guessing here, and I don't have the Legacy Edition; but there is no online access with it, and if you can access the gallery, maybe the installation went wrong and you are still using the regular version.

Message 6 of 11 (2,270 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is where it says they are, and in one drive my documents just have one thing in them with random numbers? And I did follow the instructions! Thank you for standing by! 😸

Message 7 of 11 (2,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Lunarmint20 

You are not running the Legacy edition. This is why there is no Legacy folder.

Why did you think you needed the Legacy Edition?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 11 (2,202 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen How do I run legacy then? Also my PC gave me a notice saying I needed legacy to play the sims.
Message 9 of 11 (2,176 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Lunarmint20 

Rightclick the game in Origin and select Game properties. on the Advanced tab. from the dropdown select 32 bit Legacy instead of 64 bit.

Notice that you will not be able to run any new expansion (DU, Tiny living) or access the gallery. If you use Mods/CC you also need to make sure that these will work with Legacy.

From what you wrote earlier it did not seem you had problems running the standard version.If you post a DxDiag I can check if you should have problems with it.

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

Message 10 of 11 (2,152 Views)