Re: Sims 4 laundry on clothesline won't dry...

by DinowCookie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 laundry on clothesline won't dry...

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Since the most recent patch, with my laundry day laundry line the clothes won't dry no matter how long I wait. 

First I figured it would be due to an outdated version of MCCC, but I've since updated the mod to the most recent version, and the laundry still won't dry. 

The clothes just keep dripping and remain wet. :/ 

Does anyone know why this might be, and possibly what I could do to fix it? 

Message 1 of 4 (6,256 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)
@DinowCookie

This issue can be related to the mods or CC, but it can be the only bug of the game and has nothing to do with mods.
First, try to reset this hamper. You have MCC so it easy for you to do it if you have testingcheats code turned on in MCC option.

If it will not work move mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package in the game folder and fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "repair game"
Check if the game is working now properly
If yes copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

If despite moving mods folder to the desktop you will have this issue, try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (6,243 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@DinowCookie

This issue can be related to the mods or CC, but it can be the only bug of the game and has nothing to do with mods.
First, try to reset this hamper. You have MCC so it easy for you to do it if you have testingcheats code turned on in MCC option.

If it will not work move mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package in the game folder and fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "repair game"
Check if the game is working now properly
If yes copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

If despite moving mods folder to the desktop you will have this issue, try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 4 (6,244 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@kreatora thanks for the advice! MCC is the only mod I have installed at all so there's no need to troubleshoot what else might be the cause. 

It's bedtime for me now but I'll apply your other suggestions later and let you know if it worked. 😊

Message 3 of 4 (6,235 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@kreatora didn't need to disable or troubleshoot much.
I reset all of my hamper objects, deleted my clothesline and placed a new one after which clothes dried like normal again. 🤔

Not sure if the hampers had anything to do with the clothesline at all, or whether the clothesline just needed to be deleted and replaced and the bug was in that object somehow.

In any case, problem solved. Thanks a bunch! 😁
Message 4 of 4 (6,227 Views)