Sims 4 lags a lot!

by sarafisher3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 lags a lot!

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. Recently my Sims 4 has started to lag. I went on live chat and I was told to perform a clean boot. This helped but if I turn my graphics up to anything above low, it starts to lag which is annoying as I really don't want to keep it in low. I also have quite a few expansions which I've repaired but maybe slowing it down. I have a feeling it is something to do with my laptops graphics as Sims 3 Pets doesn't work as the pets don't render and come out as black shapes. Any suggestions on what to do?

Message 1 of 5 (792 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 lags a lot!

Hero

Hi @sarafisher3

unfortunately, your processor is below minimum requirements and the graphics chip is also borderline.

With added packs and all, I don't think you can play the game on anything other than low.

Your graphics drivers are also quite old and could do with an update but I don't think that will help much.

Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions but your computer is not made for heavy gaming. It's more for light tasks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (800 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @sarafisher3

lags can have a lot of causes.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (760 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Here you go, thanks!

Message 3 of 5 (753 Views)

Hero

Hi @sarafisher3

unfortunately, your processor is below minimum requirements and the graphics chip is also borderline.

With added packs and all, I don't think you can play the game on anything other than low.

Your graphics drivers are also quite old and could do with an update but I don't think that will help much.

Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions but your computer is not made for heavy gaming. It's more for light tasks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (801 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

oh no that's unfortunate, thanks for the support though!

Message 5 of 5 (743 Views)