Re: Sims 4 laggy :((

by TheSuperWolf100

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I mostly play with my laptop plugged in, and I still feel likes it’s not running as smooth as it should.

Clearing the user folder and playing on a “fresh” game didn’t help either unfortunately.
Message 11 of 25 (524 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@lindhard1234  Are you using any mods or cc?

Message 12 of 25 (519 Views)

★ Apprentice
@TheSuperWolf100 A tiny bit, mostly mm defaults, I’ve tried removing it and clearing cache but that doesn’t seem to do a big difference either
Message 13 of 25 (508 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@lindhard1234 Outdated cc can cause game instability also having to many can cause high ram usage that makes the game slow
Message 14 of 25 (501 Views)

@lindhard1234  Okay, just to reiterate, a new save in a completely clean Sims 4 folder—no mods or custom content added, no saves or other files from your old folder—still runs poorly even with the laptop plugged in?  Does it help to play while your laptop is offline, as in, no internet connection at all?  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi before pressing Play.

If that doesn't help, I'd like to see the results of some hardware monitoring; let me know if you're interested.  You'd only need to run a (free) app while you played, then upload the results.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 15 of 25 (484 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Okay so I did a few tests: my laptop is plugged in during these test.
When i first started my game this morning (playing on my current folder including mods etc.) it seem to ran fine (most settings set to low), i then tried to change setting to ultra, restarted my game and then I ran poorly and had quite often lag spikes. Then I (once again), tried clear the folder and start a fresh *naked* game, it started on ultra still seem to run oddly I had lag spikes etc. then I tried (still in the clean folder) changing my settings to what I normally play with (most of them set to low), the game still seem to preform poorly mostly it can’t get above 20 fps. I tried disable online features which raised the fps briefly for a sec and then it seem to drop again.
Message 16 of 25 (442 Views)

★ Apprentice
@TheSuperWolf100 I know, and I’ve tried removing the mods I have and then clear the cache, that doesn’t seem to do a difference either.
Message 17 of 25 (441 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Sorry for the spelling errors, I accidentally pressed submit before reading to through.

I just tried disable my WiFi completely, which doesn’t seem to make a difference either.
It’s tbh rather frustrating, I feel like my sims 3 is preforming better at this point, and that’s weird.
Message 18 of 25 (433 Views)

@lindhard1234  I'd like to see how your hardware is handling Sims 4.  Please download hwinfo from here:

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

You don't need to install anything if you don't want to; just choose the Portable version, unzip it, and launch it from Downloads or wherever you want.  (If you would like to install, be sure to click the button for hwinfo, not lansweeper.)  Restart your computer, and don't open any other apps.  Launch hwinfo, choose "sensors only," and click the icon that's a sheet of paper with a + sign to start logging.  Save the file to your desktop for easy access later.

Wait five minutes, open Origin, put it in offline mode, and take your computer offline.  Launch Sims 4 and play for at least 20 minutes, in fullscreen mode and on ultra settings.  Click the same button to end logging.  Then upload the log to a third-party free filehosting site and link it here.  Please leave it in .csv format, or if you use OneDrive to share, please compress it in .zip format instead.

When testing, please again play a new save in a clean user folder.  Make sure you spend most of your time in live mode, not in CAS or Build/Buy, although you can test all three if you want.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 19 of 25 (409 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you. I will do it as soon as possible and get back to you.
Message 20 of 25 (387 Views)