Sims 4 keeps uninstalling

by droxiod1

Original Post

Sims 4 keeps uninstalling

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of the expansions, also most of the game packs, and about half of the stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I live in an area with poor internet. I get the chrome dinosaur error sometimes and then somehow my ENTIRE GAME uninstalls. I also have to keep the SIms 4 on an external hard drive. CC/Mods do not cause this as this issue presented itself before I started to use it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The whole game uninstalls and I have to wait about two days for it to download back to my computer.
What do you expect to see? I want my game, and I want to play offline without things breaking and I want to not have to reinstall my game EVERY WEEK.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

To preface, I have a computer with virtually no storage space and a very slow (low bandwidth) internet connection.  I use a VPN, but this issue occurred before I started using the VPN.  It also presented before I installed any mods and custom content.  I keep my Origin program files on an external hard drive, and I expect that when I have it plugged into my laptop, I should be able to access all of my Origin games (currently just The SIms 4 and most of the DLC).

Quite often, I get an error with the google chrome dinosaur (the no internet one), and Origin refuses to load.  I also cannot play the SIms when this occurs.  I know this happens when my internet fails (a condition beyond my control).  After this error occurs, my entire game and all the DLC are deleted or get uninstalled and I have to wait SEVERAL HOURS (almost two days) for everything to reinstall and be ready for me to play.  I'm pretty annoyed, especially as I don't make any settings or choices that I am aware of that delete my games.

Message 1 of 2 (680 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps uninstalling

Champion (Retired)

@droxiod1 

Origin itself should be installed on you internal drive. It does not take much space. Hopefully that will help so its settings doesn't get lost again causing your issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (646 Views)