Re: Sims 4 keeps lagging and crashing.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 keeps lagging and crashing.

★★ Novice

Randomly during gameplay my game will get a white screen and then crash. It is almost always laggy and sometime when the white screen pops up it doesn't crash. What's weirder is during the white screen the game still runs you can hear it. My game was fine till about a year ago i have tried many ways to fix it and it just keeps getting worse please help if you can. 

Message 1 of 4 (393 Views)

@daphdrke  Try installing a new driver for your integrated graphics chip.  While it's not particularly old, at least one of the errors in your dxdiag is probably related to the driver, adn possibly more.  You can get the latest Intel driver here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29616/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=95442

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (369 Views)

★★ Novice

It says it cannot update it because i have a customized computer manufacturer driver

Message 3 of 4 (348 Views)

@daphdrke  That happens sometimes with laptop manufacturers, although Acer is usually better about it.  The interesting thing is, you have a newer driver than the latest one Intel offers for your laptop.  It looks like it's available for other Acer laptops, some with hardware similar enough that the hardware would be the same.  Specifically, the Intel driver I linked you is the same for all these processors, and the Acer driver is a tweak on the Intel one, so in theory it should work.

That's kind of a risk though, and it would be better to try the latest driver guaranteed (by Acer) to work with your specific model laptop.  Since it's older though, you'll need to do a clean uninstall.

Download Display Driver Uninstaller from here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3067

Download the VGA driver for your laptop here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7210?b=1

Next, take your computer completely offline—disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord—and double-click the DDU.exe.  Take note of where the file will land, and click Extract.  If it's easier, you can copy the path and then paste it into the address bar in a File Explorer window.  Open the folder and then launch Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, and you'll get a message that you're not in Safe Mode.  Click OK, then go to Options and enable Safe Mode dialog.  Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like; make sure the box in red is checked:

DDU 1.1.png

Close options, and the DDU, and then open the DDU.exe again.  For launch options, choose "Safe Mode (Recommended)," and then click Reboot to Safe Mode (you'll need your password, so find it before rebooting).  Once you login, you'll see this:

DDU 2.png

In the blue box, choose GPU, then Intel if it's not already showing.  Then click Clean and Restart (red box).

Once your computer has rebooted, now back in normal mode, run the driver as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."

Reboot again, go back online, and see whether the game works normally.  If not, let me know, and run another dxdiag.  Please also let me know if you'd be willing to try the newer driver, and don't delete the one you just downloaded from your computer, in case you need to reinstall it later.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (326 Views)