Sims 4 keeps crashing :(

by Nizzella

Original Post

Sims 4 keeps crashing :(

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My sims 4 has been crashing for the past 2 days. Tried taking all my cc and mods out, doesn't work. I tried to ''repair'' the game, still doesn't work. Tried restarting, updating my software, all of that and nothing. Usually what happens is I click to open the game, and right before it starts loading it crashes. I have some expansion packs and that's it tbh, so idk what could cause this issue. Please, if you can help me I'd really appreciate it. 

Edit: I resolved it, all I did was make a backup and it worked. Now I am slowly putting in my tray folder and mods/cc back.

Edit2: Okay I am back lol literally played the game until now, all my mods and tray files in, and now that I want to play the game again it doesn't work. So the backup ''method'' doesn't really work I guess, and I don't wanna do it everytime I play the game. So indeed, please if you do come up with a solution for this it would mean a lot.

Message 1 of 3 (282 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing :(

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @Nizzella Have you tried freeing up space on your pc? That is often a big help in running the game smoothly. ie: find and delete the biggest 'space' culprits using either the windows "storage sense" feature, or the 'Jam software TreeSize free' app.

Don't forget that it's quite possibly a broken mod, it only 'takes one'.. Wondering even without them in your game, it may have 'corrupted the game'

Spoiler
If you use any mods or cc please check for updates to them / where you found them; after any sims update or game pack added, as they are known to break the game.. or at the very least cause issues.

Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the 50/50 method & restarting your game each time; seeing if the issue exists still & to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, you need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it.

• Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it

• Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack,

• I also use Sims 4 Studio for batch fixes, as it solves a lot of problems in bulk (but not all.) It's also available for Mac. And is updated frequently, with pack relevant bug fixes.

There's also a Troubleshooting post by Crinrict here..

If this does not help, please try posting your dx.diag   [or this link] for someone to help decipher it for you

Sasha

I have no connection to EA, am an Avid Mods/CC user, but don't make them:
Simsonic Weebly, Incorporating the Mod Tracker.
, am an Avid Mods/CC user, but don't make them

simsonic weebly banner banner gold.png

Message 2 of 3 (243 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing :(

@Nizzella  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know exactly what you did before the last time the game worked, and what you changed, if anything, between then and when it stopped working.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (228 Views)